Our dietary needs includes all food classes, and one of those classes is fiber. The requirement for fiber might differ according to the health status of a person while some optimize their fiber intake as it aids weight loss and promote good gut health.
To meet your daily allowance of fiber you can be a bit creative and incorporate different kinds of food to your diet, you don’t have to just gobble down just one kind of fiber-rich food.
Try some of these food listed here; they are nutritious, tasty and have food that are individually high in fiber, when put together they can help you reach your daily required fiber and high fiber diet goals.
- Moi moi and steamed greens; vegetables like ugu, green, cabbage and carrots.
- Coconut pancakes; you can add these to your regular pancake mix coconut flour, coconut chips. You can also substitute regular flour for whole wheat and mix with the coconut flour.
- Banana and oats pancakes; mashed bananas, roughly blended oat flour, as the main ingredients.
- Banana, oats and coconut muffins.
- Whole wheat or Sweet potatoes flat bread with vegetable curry or egg and veggie sauce.
- Whole wheat bread; toasts, with tomatoes, avocadoes and eggs.
- Boiled Sweet potatoes with eggs and veggie sauce, or with fish and veggies sauce.
- Green juice with the pulp; blend your green veggies and fruits and drink without filtering.
- Smoothies; you can add avocadoes, bananas, desiccated coconuts, almonds, and fruits and nuts that are high in fiber in your smoothie mix.
- Oatmeal porridge; add some sliced bananas, strawberries, raspberries or blueberries with coconut flakes and almond slices or nuts of choice.
- Overnight oats; rolled oats with yoghurt and coconut milk, topped with berries, bananas, coconut flakes, raisins, dates.
- Yoghurt parfait; with granola and fruits.
- Salads; add some beans, corn, avocadoes, tomatoes and vegetables.
There are so many interesting things to put on the menu, keep reading and trying out new recipes. Thanks for reading.